The Mission of the White Rock Lake Foundation, established in 1989, is to bring together an maximize the resources of the entire community into a coordinated effort for the benefit of White Rock Lake Park. The foundation works with the City of Dallas and the Dallas Park and Recreation Department to help implement the Master Plan for White Rock Lake.
- Raised Dallas City Council support to place the $9 Million dredging project for White Rock Lake on the
- Designed and saw to completion new drive lanes, parking, hike and bike trails and landscape improvements from the main entrance 2 miles around E. Lawther to Winfrey Point.
- Developed the total Master Plan Rendering for White Rock Lake Park.
- Funded and designed new architectural stone abutments to pedestrian bridge at the main entrance
- Refurbished and renovated the White Rock Lake monument sign and bridge at the main entrance
- Funded the repair of concrete edging and landscaping for the White Rock Lake Water Theater Art project at the Bath House Cultural Center.
- Built new stone sign for Winfrey Point.
- Obtained an Urban Wildlife Sanctuary designation for White Rock Lake.
- Funding for the “Lock, Take and Hide” sign program
- Founding sponsor for the White Rock Lake Volunteers in Patrol
- Gold Sponsor for the White Rock Lake Museum.
- Contributing partner for the crime watch hotline at the lake
- Worked to raise funds for the Little League fields at Winfrey Point
- Built new stone sign for Boy Scout Hill
- Built new stone sign for T.P. Hill
- Continue to campaign for bond issues to restore and beautify the lake
- Working to raise funds for shoreline enhancement
- Working on other funding projects identified and targeted by the Dallas Park and Recreation Department
- Installing benches at the White Rock Lake Dog Park
Tomorrow, the City will see…
- New hike and bike trails.
- Improved playgrounds and parks.
- Forests, wild flowers and wildlife
- Interpretive Center for Wildlife.
- A first class, safe Urban Oasis.